In 1922, thirty nine men of the East Bloomfield-Holcomb community gathered together and formed what is now known as the East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire Department. With the small financial resources available, the Department’s first piece of fire fighting equipment was a hand-drawn, two wheeled cart carrying water and a chemical solution that was mixed at the scene of the fire.
In 1925, a conventional fire truck was purchased and the East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire Department was on its way into the era of mechanical equipment. Today, the Department has two 1250 gal. per minute pumpers, each carrying 1,000 gallons of water. One 1,000 gal. per minute mini-pumper, one 2,000 gal. tanker truck, and one 4-wheel drive brush truck. Monies for all equipment, minus the ambulances, are provided by the collection of a fire tax through the East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire District.
There are approximately 75 active members in the Fire Department, all who must stay up to date on the most current fire fighting techniques. The East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire Department is a total volunteer organization and is in constant need of new volunteers.
Type your paragraph here.