East Bloomfield, NY
The Mallory House and the devastating fire of 1932
The East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire Department is a volunteer organization that provides fire-fighting and emergency rescue to the citizens of the Village of Bloomfield and the Town of East Bloomfield.
PLEASE CALL 911 WITH YOUR EMERGENCY
In 1922, thirty nine men of the East Bloomfield-Holcomb community gathered together and formed what is now known as the East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire Department. With the small financial resources available, the Department’s first piece of fire fighting equipment was a hand-drawn, two wheeled cart carrying water and a chemical solution that was mixed at the scene of the fire.
In 1925, a conventional fire truck was purchased and the East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire Department was on its way into the era of mechanical equipment. Today, the Department has two 1250 gal. per minute pumpers, each carrying 1,000 gallons of water. One 1,000 gal. per minute mini-pumper, one 2,000 gal. tanker truck, and one 4-wheel drive brush truck . Monies for all equipment are provided by the collection of a fire tax through the East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire District.
There are approximately 75 active members in the Fire Department, all who must stay up to date on the most current fire fighting techniques. The East Bloomfield-Holcomb Fire Department is a total volunteer organization and is in constant need of new volunteers.
The East Bloomfield Fire Department no longer owns or operates the ambulance service. The ambulances are owned and operated by the Canandaigua Emergency Squad (CES) and housed at the East Bloomfield Fire House; the East Bloomfield Emergency Squad is a sub-division of CES. All East Bloomfield Emergency Squad members are volunteers and provide Basic Life Support services to the residents and visitors of East Bloomfield; Advanced Life Support services are provided by CES. All Emergency Squad services are billed by CES to the patient's health insurance company.